Our seventeenth show debuts RIGHT HERE on March 30 at 8:00 PM Eastern. It will then be rebroadcast on Friday at 7 PM Eastern (6 Central), and again on the following Monday at 3 PM Eastern (2 Central) and 7 PM Eastern (6 Central). The topic is Passing on Tradition. My guest is Sister Maria Philomena, M.I.C.M., director of the Saint Augustine Institute of Wisdom.
- Traditionalism is an Affirmation — by your host at Catholicism.org
- Towards a Deeper Understanding of the Powers of Life as they Transcend the Material: The Acquisition of Wisdom and The Transmission of Culture — MP3 of talk by Sister Maria Philomena, available at store.Catholicism.org; also available on CD or DVD.
- Without Tradition, We Are Cattle — by Juan Manuel de Prada at Rorate Caeli
- The Challenge of Tradition — by Dr. Robert Hickson at Catholicism.org
- Vatican I’s Dogmatic Constitution on the Catholic Faith, Chapter 3 (on Faith) — at Papalencyclicals.net, which shows that Scripture and Tradition constitute our two-fold rule of faith.
- The True Notion of Tradition — by His Excellency, Bishop Bernard Tissier de Mallerais, SSPX at sspx.org
Additional Links and videos provided by Sister Maria Philomena:
- Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologiae, II, IIae, Q. 160. Modesty
- Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologiae, II, IIae, Q. 168. Modesty as consisting in the outward movements of the body
- Tertullian, “On Modesty”
- Catholic Encyclopedia, Temperance
“Reconquest” is a militant, engaging, and informative Catholic radio program featuring interviews with interesting guests as well as commentary by your host. It is a radio-journalistic extension of the Crusade of Saint Benedict Center.
Each weekly, one-hour episode of Reconquest will debut RIGHT HERE on Wednesday night at 8:00 PM Eastern (7:00 PM Central). It will then be rebroadcast on Friday at 7:00 PM Eastern (6:00 Central), and again on the following Tuesday at 7:00 PM Eastern (6:00 Central).