Episode 323 debuts on April 13, at 8:00 PM Eastern. Rebroadcasts will take place according to the Crusade Channel programming schedule (note: all times listed are Central time). The topic is Looking at the Lenten Liturgy, Part VI: Gems from the Triduum.
Listen now! (Link will activate after the show’s premiere.)
- Stunning Anti-Catholic Lie Makes Pope a Devil Worshipper — by Brother André Marie, M.I.C.M., at catholicism.org (concerning an anti-Catholic conspiracy theory surrounding the Exultet.)
- O Happy Fault! — by Brian Kelly, at catholicism.org (concerning the theology behind this line of the Exultet)
- Sacrum Imperium — by Charles Coulombe, at catholicism.org (wherein mention is made of the Emperor’s name being inserted in the Exultet)
- Improperia — Catholic Encyclopedia article from newadvent.org
- Exultet — Catholic Encyclopedia article from newadvent.org
- The Exultet (Praeconium) — text of the Exultet from fisheaters.com
- Praeconium Paschale (Exsultet) — excellent chant version
Improperia — chant sung by the Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles
- Palestrina: Improperia — polyphonic setting by Palestrina
- The Reproaches (Improperia) — polyphonic setting of Tomas Luis de Victoria, sung by Clamavi De Profundis
“Reconquest” is a militant, engaging, and informative Catholic radio program featuring interviews with interesting guests as well as commentary by your host. It is a radio-journalistic extension of the Crusade of Saint Benedict Center. Each weekly, one-hour episode of Reconquest will debut RIGHT HERE on Wednesday night at 8:00 PM Eastern (7:00 PM Central). It will then be rebroadcast according to the Crusade Channel programming schedule (note: all times listed are Central time).