Our seventh show debuts RIGHT HERE on January 20 at 8:00 PM Eastern. It will then be rebroadcast on Friday at 7:00 PM Eastern (6:00 Central), and again on the following Tuesday at 7:00 PM Eastern (6:00 Central). The topic is The Christian Politics of Spain’s ‘Carlist’ Counterrevolutionaries. My guest is Dr. Alexandra Wilhelmsen, Professor of Spanish and Adjunct Professor of History at the University of Dallas, an acknowledged expert on Spanish Carlism, a political and religious movement of the nineteenth and early twentieth century.
As esoteric as the subject may sound to some, this is not a topic that should remain confined to a handful of scholars. The Carlists are legitimist monarchists whose political thinking beautifully encapsulates traditional Catholic social doctrine. In Spanish, they are known as the Comunión Tradicionalista Carlista (Carlist Traditionalist Communion), showing their love of tradition, religious, national, and social.
- Carlism’s Defense of the Church in Spain, 1833-1936 — by Dr. Alexandra Wilhelmsen at EWTN.com
- Dios, Patria, Fueros, y Rey: The Story Of The Spanish Carlistas — by Eleonore Villarrubia at Catholicism.org
- La formacion del pensamiento politico del carlismo, 1810-1875 — book by Dr. Alexandra Wilhelmsen available at Amazon.com
- A Catholic Witness in our Time — book by various authors containing the chapter, “Spanish Carlism: An Introduction,” by Miguel Ayuso at store.Catholicism.org
- Irish Carlist, John Scannell Taylor — Blog on an Irishman who fought and died for the Carlists.
- Information on Antonio Molle Lazo (in Spanish), who died a martyr to the Faith while defending Nuns. His last words were “¡Viva Christo Rey!“
- A brief documentary, in Spanish, on Antonio Molle Lazo:
“Reconquest” is a militant, engaging, and informative Catholic radio program featuring interviews with interesting guests as well as commentary by your host. It is a radio-journalistic extension of the Crusade of Saint Benedict Center.
Each weekly, one-hour episode of Reconquest will debut RIGHT HERE on Wednesday night at 8:00 PM Eastern (7:00 PM Central). It will then be rebroadcast on Friday at 7:00 PM Eastern (6:00 Central), and again on the following Tuesday at 7:00 PM Eastern (6:00 Central).